Friday, February 13, 2009

I try to figure me out. Baby steps.



So I hate stupid people, right? Like.....Really.
People are selfish, and I don't blame them. It's in us. It's a part of basic survival. I understand that. But be a little self aware. Ugh.

And I'm not talking about this pic specifically.
It's just to reinforce a point.

Anyway.
I'm been trying to "find myself" for whatever that is worth, or even what it means, for that matter. I'm just starting into Buddha and Taoism and I REALLY like the messages there, along with a few other religions . It could be a phase, it could be my life's focus in the future, but either way it's on my path right now. So I just read a quote from Buddha, and I try to take his teachings to heart.

He says:
"He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye."

Well now that nearly fucks my entire blog's purpose. Now I realize have to readjust my philosophy to justify the making fun of and hating people. How can practice my dislike of humans while keeping my heart where I wish it? Yin yang! Sweet. Thanks, ancient logo designers! Duality of love/hate. If I had one word to label myself, it would be ambivalence. Toward everything, really, but primarily with people in particular.

I like the handiness of the wikipedia quick search, So I put it at the top of my page here. . Any word, any topic, nutshelled in 2 seconds. And fuck people who are against it. As long as you know everything put in by people like you, and it's not perfect, it serves a good purpose. For me.
Speaking of Wiki. I made my first entry into wiki last weeky. I don't know how I feel about that. Ambivalent, I suppose. The fact that I made a contribution towards something that I feel is important, opposed to the fact that if I can do it, any Joe Blow can and have done it, really makes me feel homely about the whole thing. It was about the 8 immortals of ancient chines myth.

Anyway, back to existentialism. I have a steady blog following of 2. One of them is me. I am following myself. Or am I?

2 comments:

  1. i will follow you. probably not off a bridge though.

    did you see the fantastic fail of the out-of order-suicide hotline phone atop a very tall bridge. that made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that three...I am also following your blog. Of course. :)

    ReplyDelete